Subject: Bootable CD-ROM woes...
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Anthony DeLorenzo <gonzo@vex.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/19/2000 13:27:33
Hello...

I'm having a real problem getting my hands on a bootable CD-ROM image.  My
SS2
currently has no other possible way to install an OS, as it has no floppy
drive nor any machines around to netboot it on.

I've tried looking and asking about a bootable ISO image for sparc, but it
seems that there aren't any, or at least the last couple posts asking
about it (my own included) have gone unanswered.

I'd like to make my own, and to that
end I've got mkhybrid installed and downloaded the required sources and
bootable Sparc image, but it seems
that the mksunbootcd is only available as a NetBSD package.  I'm currently
using Slackware Linux (and Win98, I suppose) at work where I'd like to
burn the CD.  I guess what I need to know is, is there an equivalent to
mksunbootcd that I can compile/use under Linux?

It seems that I'm required to be already running NetBSD in order to be
able to create installation media to install it.  :(

Regards,

Tony

# Anthony DeLorenzo <gonzo@vex.net>
# Whitehorse, YT