Subject: Re: FORCE Sparc CPU1e/4 VME Board
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Thompson <m_thompson@ids.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/01/2000 20:35:34
The Force 1E was designed by Sun and licensed by Force. It is identical
to a SPARCstation 1 except for the VMEbus interface. The VMEbus interface
FPGA chip is not the same as an SS1 because it didn't have a VMEbus.
If you need VMEbus support for the 1E you will have to write a driver.
It will run NetBSD fine without VMEbus support.

At 04:53 PM 6/1/00 -0400, Ken Hornstein wrote:
>>Has NetBSD/sparc been ported the above board? It's has a SPARC cpu with the
>>weitek coprocessor, scsi, ethernet (db15 xcvr type), sbus interface, plus 2
>>serial ports.
>
>I ran 1.3.x and 1.4.1 on a FORCE CPU 2e; it "just worked".  I think you
>will have to boot it to determine whether or not it will work (I think
>it will work just fine).
>
>--Ken

Michael Thompson
m_thompson@ids.net