Subject: Re: Sparc Classic dilemma
To: Steven Grunza <>
From: Jon Lindgren <>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/01/2000 11:47:02
On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Steven Grunza wrote:

> To get from situation (b) to situtation (a), you'll need to reset the
> EEPROM.  I seem to recall the magic keyboard invocation as something like
> {L1}n but I'm not certain.  Once the EEPROM is back to normal (no
> password), you're at situation (a).

IIRC, there was no key combo to erase the NVRAM.  I think the only way was
to replace the chip (the larger, 20-24 pin TimeKeeper series I think) with
a new one and reprogram it.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.  If there is a key sequence, it'd
be a nice piece of info to have...

 "There is no fourth tower of Inverness!!!" -Meatball Fulton