Subject: Re: SparcStation 5 vs. 10
To: None <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/31/2000 23:45:26
   Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>  wrote:
    > Slightly off topic....  but....  was there a couple of different
    > motherboards, then??  I presume that the quad unit has 4 MBUS slots, or
    > were dual cpu modules used.  The reason I ask is that my SS10 only has 2
    > MBUS slots.

   There are dual cpu modules. I think dual 390Z55.

Thanks...  I have one of those, it didn't probe as a dual CPU module,
although it does have two very large chips on it.  One is label SuperCache
and there seems to be a fair amount of chips that look like memory on the
board.  I always assumed that the second large chip was some sort of cache
controller.

Thanks again [and to others]....

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]