Subject: Re: ttyE?: No such file or directory
To: None <garry@linuxstart.com>
From: Tim Walls <tim.walls@pa.press.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/30/2000 11:42:42
> Upon bootup and about every 10 mins, I get this message on the console
> of my Tadpole SparcBook 3GX laptop:
>
> getty[155]: /dev/ttyE0: No such file our directory
[...]
> So, what should I do to get rid of these errors?  Can I still have
> virtual-terms without using wscons?  Please advise on the best solution,
> thanks!!
> oh yeah, I installed NetBSD 1.4 (Nov. '99 build from Comdex CD)

No idea about wscons or virtual terms, 'cos I don't use it, but to get
rid of the error messages to syslog you need to edit the file '/etc/ttys'.
Look for the lines beginning ttyE0/E1/etc. and change the status from
'on' to 'off'.  This will stop the getty daemon trying to attach logins
to terminals that don't exist!

Cheers,
Tim.

--