Subject: re: Floppy errors
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/30/2000 00:08:20
On Mon, 1 May 2000, matthew green wrote:

>    This error has been reported before; it is almost certainly caused
>    by an error in the driver, but I've no idea exactly which of the
>    errors it is..
> i'm not so sure it is the driver.  i've had this problem occur to me 90%
> of the time when the floppy itself was bad.

No, there are (or at least were, last summer) definite problems
with the NetBSD floppy driver on sparcs. I tried out two different
drives in a machine at one point where Solaris 2.6 had no problem
with them whatsoever, but NetBSD produced errors when trying to
read.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   http://www.netbsd.org
  Human speech is like a cracked tin kettle, on which we hammer out tunes