Subject: Re: "standard equipment" in snapshots
To: Erik Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/29/2000 20:58:33
On Sun, 21 May 2000, Erik Fair wrote:

> Ideally, they're in release(7) format - I modified the "make
> snapshot" target to help that along sometime in 1.3 timeframe...

And I eventually made `make snapshot' and `make release' identical.
Using either of those targets should always produce an appropriate
set of install kernels.

Part of the problem last time I checked is that stuff under
distrib/sparc doesn't build. (Particularly the floppy image.) If
anybody wanted to work on this, it would be welcome.

What also seems to be missing from time to time is basic testing
on the part of the builders. The most recent (20000505) sparc
snapshot has a /bin/passwd that won't run, for example, due to
cock-ups in building the crypto stuff. This makes it not terribly
useful, as you can imagine.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   http://www.netbsd.org
  Human speech is like a cracked tin kettle, on which we hammer out tunes