Subject: Re: -B/cc1hacks/ ??
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/18/2000 23:23:19
> #if defined(m68kArchitecture) || defined(SparcArchitecture) ||
> defined(VaxArchitecture)
> /* || defined(pmaxArchitecture) */
> /* DO NOT USE THIS ON ALPHA because they don't use -O2 */
> /* FIXME: we need to append to, not replace, the original flags */
> #undef  OptimizedCDebugFlags
> #define OptimizedCDebugFlags    -O2 -pipe -B/cc1hack/
> #endif
>
> It wasn't there in 1.4.1 and I can't seem to find where it got added.

That is a local patch only used on my network; I didn't realize it was
being installed. Argh. I'll need to find another method for doing this.
Something better than #ifdef TODDPW_NET_ONLY , I hope.

You'll see it on alpha/arm32/i386/macppc/next68k/sparc/sun3/vax because
those were built on my network and I have that patch in the master tree
that is sync'd onto all my build machines.

> My real question though, is what this "-B/cc1hack/" is for?

That causes /cc1hack/cc1 to become the C compiler; it's a stub that forwards
the C source over to a faster machine which has a cross compiler on it.

It's how I got all my slow boxes to build a lot faster.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com