Subject: Re: Anyone want to port NetBSD to a SPARC powered cray ?
To: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@turbolinux.com>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/28/2000 17:56:51
Eduardo Horvath <eeh@turbolinux.com> writes:

> Now that Cray's down the tubes where do you expect to get hardware
> details on this beastie?

You mean: now that cray has a chance to do something serious instead
of beeing bogged down by silly nt-machines. The fact that Tera changed
name to Cray suggests that they want to be serious with it. What I've
heard from Cray people, they seem to be quite happy with the
acquisition.

The sparc based line were sold to Sun when SGI bought Cray. Ask
them. My impression of that deal was that Sun were more interested in
the people working on them than the actual hardware, so chances are
that they might actually give out info.

/Johan