Subject: Re: Anyone want to port NetBSD to a SPARC powered cray ?
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/28/2000 09:07:33
On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On April 27, Michael R. Jinks wrote:
> > That reminds me -- how _is_ SMP in NetBSD/SPARC these days?  Haven't heard,
> > too contemptibly lazy to go and look for myself.
>
>   Heh...good luck.  I've asked, begged, pleaded, appealed as a
> professional peer...nobody's talking.  Been that way for three years
> or so that I can remember.  If there really *is* a NetBSD SMP project,
> people want to keep it a biiiig secret for some reason.

	Well the secret is out on tech-smp.

	As far as I know various ports have implemented the infrastructure
	to spin up additional CPUs (At least alpha, sparc, and i386 on a
	branch), and Ross has a large chunk of SMP code to commit after
	1.5 branches.

	Work, as they say, is ongoing.

		David/absolute
				   -- www.netbsd.org: Value design over hype --