Subject: zstty baud rates / spif
To: NetBSD-Sparc <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Walls <tim.walls@pa.press.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/26/2000 18:04:14
All,

Many thanks to everyone who replied re. the max speed of the Sparc Classic
built in serial - all the information is greatly appreciated.

But...  While searching for a solution, I managed to lay my hands on
an SBUS Sun 8-port serial + parallel card, which identifies itself to
the kernel as

  SUNW,bpp    for the parallel, and
  SUNW,spif   for the serial

It seems there isn't a NetBSD driver for this (although there is an OpenBSD
one apparently.)

So, more questions <grin>.  Does anyone have a driver 'under construction'
for one of these beasties?

If not, I'd be happy to try writing one myself; I've never written a
driver for NetBSD or SBUS before, but I did used to do embedded software
engineering so it shouldn't be totally beyond me <grin>...

My other question is, therefore...  Where is a good place to start
looking for information on how to write a NetBSD d/independent SBUS
driver...?  Is the OpenBSD code worth looking at, or is the way they
do things totally different?

All help much appreciated!
Tim.

--