Subject: Re: time to reinstall...
To: nm <nm@vt.edu>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/23/2000 02:48:05
> Guess I screwed it... Just got lucky the previous 100 times or so that I
> have done something similar ;)

If there is a safe way to do this, it usually involves Stop-A'ing the
kernel so there won't be any activity on the SCSI bus _while_ you're
changing the connectors around, and then continuing it when you're done.
(It's also a good idea to let the machine get quiet and sync it first.)

I used to do this all the time with SunOS back in the mid-90's and it
worked great. Then solaris came along and introduced "boot -r" (aiee!!)
and suddenly it became a royal pain in the ass to share our scarce Sun
CD-ROMs and tape drives...

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com