Subject: Re: Time to get off the fence.....
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/22/2000 15:00:28
On Sat, Apr 22, 2000 at 12:28:28AM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> For what it may be worth...my experience indicates that there is
> something damnably subtle wrong with NetBSD on the SS1+, but not the
> IPX.  I haven't had an opportunity to find out whether it's an issue on
> an SS1 or not, but it well could be.

Hum, I run NetBSD 1.4 or 1.4.1 on SS1, 1+ and 2 (hyunday clones, with 64M
of RAM) as higly-secure machines for users login in from outside,
or low-traffic web server (pages builds from mrtg, mostly).
Never had any problems with then, they're down only when power fails.
Install was straitfoward netbooting from a NetBSD/i386 (and, once set up,
this way of bootstrapping NetBSD is faster than anything else).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>