Subject: Exabyte 8500 drive tapes?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Yubyub bird <jonl@yubyub.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/02/2000 13:02:46
A quick tape question - I've got an exabyte 8500 connected to one of my
ss5 boxes, and the drive keeps rejecting the tapes I feed it.  Does anyone
know what kind of tapes to feed these guys?  I have a bunch of sony
qc-112m tapes, which I thought would be right.

I actually just upgraded the firmware on the unit; it used to take the
tapes before, and generated tons of media errors under 1.4.1; now it
simply refuses the tapes.

TIA.

-yubyub
croquette - n.  A small cake of minced | SMTP: yubyub@yubyub.net
 food, such as poultry, vegetables, or | http://www.yubyub.net
 fish, that is usually coated with     | NetBSD on Sparc, Alpha
 bread crumbs and fried in _deep fat_. |  i386, Mac68k, VAX