Subject: Re: cg6 RASTERCONSOLE
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/26/2000 01:17:20
> > of course I'd like it in there.
>
> Thanks for the support.  However (as recent events exemplify) just
> because you and I would like something doesn't mean it'll go in. :-/
> While this is surely less controversial than the "recent events" code,
> I *have* been surprised before....

Eh? This kind of code is about as uncontroversial as you can get!
Assuming you picked good places to hook into existing code, I'd figure
the KNF-ness is the only complaint you could possibly get.

As another IPX owner, let me add my vote for the new code... I distinctly
recall installing the fast eeprom code only to have my very next -current
build render it useless. With 1.4.2 builds and all, I've been getting the
nice eeprom code again, but it'll be time to do 1.5 soon enough.

> Want a copy separately and immediately? :-)  Four files need patching,
> all in sys/arch/sparc/dev: cgsix.c, cvsixvar.h, and cgsix_{obio,sbus}.c
> (haven't been able to test the obio variant).

Thanks but no thanks. I've had my fill of long-term local patches.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com