Subject: Re: second ethernet port
To: James Sharp <jsharp@psychoses.org>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/15/2000 12:52:43
On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, James Sharp wrote:

> The be(BigMac Ethernet) is half duplex.  There is support for the hme
> cards...I'm running several of them right now.  The only hitch is that the
> drivers don't use full DMA, so you have to twiddle with the buffer
> settings & sizes otherwise you overrun them.

Yeah - I figured that the be was only half, but the media selection told
me and allowed me to set it a full... just a bit quirky, I guess.

I didn't know that hme worked in -current - that's most excellent.  Last I
asked, Mr. Green was working on the support.  I guess I tuned out for a
month to long (not uncommon for me ;-)

Thanks very much for the info and the hme news!

-Jon
 "Can you count my penny?" | NetBSD on i386, Alpha, VAX, NeXT, SPARC,
 "One!"                    | Mac68k, and hopefully more...