Subject: Re: Userspace PPP
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/09/2000 12:12:13
On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 03:55:17PM -0400, Sean Murphy wrote:

 > Besides which, I've gotten it to work with FreeBSD's userspace ppp, and
 > haven't gotten it to work (reliably) with in kernel ppp stuff, so I'd just
 > like to stick with what works rather than banging on stuff that I may or
 > may not be able to get running in the long run.

Well, PPP is a little heavyweight for such a thing... If it were me, I'd
use if_tun.c with a little custom-written program to take the packets and
beam them over a TCP connection.

Or, you could use the ssh-based VPN packages we have in pkgsrc/net to
even get encryption for basically free.  (tho, not sure if those use
PPP or tun.)

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>