Subject: Re: ELC support broken?
To: None <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/08/2000 18:16:18
[snip]

   ...or if they've been in service more or less continuously.

   But I didn't say "...throwing out an IPC with..." - aren't the NVRAM
   chips pin-compatible across fairly wide swaths of SPARCdom?

					   der Mouse

				  mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca

I would say that is a fair statement, my 3/80, IPC and IPX all used the
same one.  In addition, Mouser Electronics sells replacement NVRAM/clock
chips for all Suns.  I purchased a handfull of them for the 3/80, IPC and
IPX types at a reasonable price and they have a web site for ease of
shopping.

Visit the Sun Hardware NVRAM FAQ for information on the exact part number
needed and how to reprogram a dead or new NVRAM.

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]