Subject: Re: ELC support broken?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/08/2000 01:41:13
>> It almost seems to be SS1/SS1+-class specific.  I will hazard you
>> will have this problem on an IPC that someone might be able to lend
>> you (if i could, I'd do it -- don't have one), and I will bet equal
>> money that it does NOT happen on the SPARCstation 2.

I have access to a SS2, and I started the mud running on it today.
Thursday I'll be back at that site and will see whether it died....

Today I discovered I had access to an IPC at another job.
Unfortunately I couldn't get it to give me a console prompt no matter
what I tried (onboard framebuffer, SBus framebuffer, serial port), so
it may be toast.

> I've got an IPC I can make available,

I'll be happy to give the mud a spin on it, if the IPC has enough RAM
(the mud occupies a little under 30MB of space, and if it doesn't all
fit in core it pages the machine to death - the least I'd dare try it
with is 28MB).

Unfortunately I don't have any other reasonably reliable test programs.

> (If someone knows where to get a new NVRAM chip cheaply, I'd welcome
> the info--I'm not sure I want to spend $25 to fix this problem.)

Ummm...from someone who's throwing out a machine with a totally torched
CPU or something? :-)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca