Subject: Re: ELC support broken?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/03/2000 23:12:21
On Sat, 4 Mar 2000, der Mouse wrote:

# Anyone have enough idea what the differences between the ELC and IPX
# are to take even a wild stab at where to look for the problem?  If it
# would help I can set someone up with serial console access to an ELC as
# a crash-and-burn machine.  (All the machines involved have been running
# with serial console.)

ELC == monochrome;
ELC caching =? different;
What's max mem on an ELC?
Different MMU?
No sbus; possibly taking an sbus access fault?
No floopy controller; possibly taking an fdc fault?
A/B unified serial interface...

I keep seeing an ELC next to me that I could take a look, but no...

The only thing I can think of are peripheral access faults (to supposedly
unconfigured devices?), or memory is somehow mapped a bit differently
between ELC and IPX.

Do you have an IPC or other SPARCstation you could test on?

#
# 					der Mouse
#
# 			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca
# 		     7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39  4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B
#

				--*greywolf;
--
BSD: Someday, we won't burn your toast.