Subject: Re: Netbooting a Sparc4 from a Linux box
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Urban Grena <grena@telecom.sk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/13/2000 14:39:36
Sean Murphy writes:

> boot: client IP address: 198.166.5.45
> recvrpc: reject, astat=1, errno=1
> bootparamd: 'whoami' call failed
>
> imb545.imb.nrc.ca root=tanager:/export/client/root \
>                 swap=tanager:/export/client/swap

I tried to boot Solaris over the net recently and encountered similar
problem. Since I do not fully understand how bootparamd works my advice
may be of little use to you.
I assume there is some problem with name service here. So try '*' instead
of 'imb545.imb.nrc.ca' in your bootparams file. This way you are allowing
access for all clients. I know it doesn't really solve the problem and is
not applicable if you must netboot several clients with different
configuration. :-(

Sincerely,
--
Urban Grena,	grena@telecom.sk
A8 8A 94 40 A8 17 D8 DF  E0 1A F1 BA 47 3B 71 9C 17