Subject: Sun Quad Ethernet
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/11/2000 19:15:59
Anybody else got one of these cards? (It probes as qe0 through qe3.)

Mine works all right, but I get a few messages about lost interrupts
when I configure it, and during an FTP it regularly prints these sorts
of messages, in various orders:

    qe0: eint: qestat=100000<TCCOFLOW>
    qe0: eint: qestat=400000<BERROR>
    qe0: babble seen
    qe0: eint: qestat=10020<RXIRQ,TCOOFLOW>
    qe0: rint: no packets; rb index 162 status 0x80000800

Also, it does only about 330 kb/sec, whereas my le1 interface (on a
SCSI/Ethernet card) does about 550-600 when talking to the same machine.

Any thoughts? I can make a machine available for development, if anybody
wants to hack on this...

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.