Subject: Re: Sun 4/4xx support?
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/10/2000 16:16:33
On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Jon Lindgren wrote:

> SPARCclassic X (4/10)              ?
> SPARCstation LX/ZX (4/30)          Y

The SPARCclassic X is actually a SPARCclassic with a slight NVRAM change
to change the name and not initialise the SCSI controller. This can be
changed back (instructions are in the Sun NVRAM FAQ, I believe) and you
will have a fully functional SPARCclassic, which NetBSD runs on. (The
LX is a classic with a CG6 instead of a CG3 built-in.)

> SPARCclassic M                     ?

What's this, the monochrome version of the classic, perhaps? I'd say
it's likely we run on it, whatever it is.

> SPARCstation 10M                   ?
> SPARCstation 20M                   ?

I had kinda thought that these were the multiprocessing (dual CPU)
versions of these, but perhaps these were monochrome, too. Anyway, if
they are dual-CPU, we run on them just fine, though after spinning up the
second CPU we don't actually do anything with it. If they're monochrome,
we'd run on them fine as well.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.