Subject: IPX 501-2015 and IP-NAT
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Uban <uban@ubanproductions.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/28/2000 17:28:55
I am running NetBSD 1.4.1 on an IPX with an additional 501-2015 ethernet
card. I am using the machine for a firewall and connect the primary ethernet
to an ADSL line (with one fixed IP address) and the 2015 to my local area
network. I use ipnat to allow a number of Windows98 PCs talk to the net
through the firewall.

My problem is that this all worked fine for quite a while and then one
day, some transfers between the PCs and the IPX (over the 2015 ipnat
interface) began to hang. The transfers (ftp, pop, etc) that hang seem
to be more related to the data content than the size. I figured that the
problem must be the 2015, so I replaced the board. Bingo, the problem
went away for a couple of days. Now the problem is back. Just rebooting
(with or without power cycle) doesn't seem to affect the behavior.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
--tom