Subject: Re: Kernel panic on probe
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/24/2000 15:51:13
I wrote:
>                     I've acquired another - which just says 'Data Access
> Exception' when I try and boot it.  I'll grab the latest boot blocks and
> try it again on Monday.

Tried the latest boot.net (built from Saturday's sup), still no success.
Running 1.4 on my machine here, so I build the -release boot loader with
some extra printf()'s in.  Didn't work at all.  Trimmed it down to a couple
of printf()'s in prom_init() and it now boots.  Before it gets to print the
bootloader message, it prints about 30 lines of :

  Operation not implemented on ROM version -1

The cgthree detects and attaches OK too.  With the -current boot.net, all I
can get is the `Data Access Exception' message.

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/