Subject: SARCstation SLC tftp boot?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Loftis <zop12@mindless.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/21/2000 18:05:15
Apologies if this is offtopic...

OK I've got ARP/RARP working and all (or so it seems) but the tftp
transfer never commences, so NetBSD is never loaded.

Tcpdump shows the following (time/date and such removed, leaving only
command and response...)

(FROM SPARC to LINUX BOX) 23 RRQ "0A00000A.SUN4C"
(FROM LINUX to SPARC) udp 516

What's UDP 516 and why is it being ignored by the SPARC?

As far as I can tell Linux is responding appropriately to the SPARC (Ive
had to manually add the arp entry and naturally the rarp entry because
it doesn't respond to those)

Any ideas/suggestions?  (This box is rather old, but I'd rather not see
it end up in another junk pile, I rescued it from one -- and yes it does
work -- I have SunOS on some disks that came with it but they are old
IRS drives and I doubt I can make any into a working system)

Thanks

Michael