Subject: Re: Status of SMP work?
To: None <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/19/2000 17:21:27
On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 01:22:32PM -0500, CaptnZilog@aol.com wrote:
> Anybody have any info on the current state of SMP support?

The best answer is to read http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-ports/

The people who know best are afraid to get bogged down with questions
at this stage.

I don't know best, so I have nothing to worry about ;-)

Code is in -current which will recognize and init all your Sparc CPUs.
They won't actually do anything yet, except print the boot message admitting
to their existance, as kernel lock code hasn't been committed to the tree.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,