Subject: Re: bpp and lpvi
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/16/2000 21:58:01
> There are, however, sample drivers in the NeWS package that shipped
> from Sun (no I don't know where you can find them).

>   ../NeWS/devkit/examples/SPARCprinter/src/engine_ctl_SPARCprinter.c
>   with include files in the
>   ../NeWS/devkit/examples/SPARCprinter/install
>   directory.

I don't think that's the driver that talks to the hardware; that piece
I think is the drivers/lpvi/lpvi file in the patch (I don't know where
it would be in the package).  I think the engine_ctl_SPARCprinter.c is
the piece that interfaces between the hardware driver and the printing
system.

Of course, I could well be wrong.  Is that .c file redistributable, can
you (or someone) send me a copy?

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca