Subject: Re: bpp and lpvi
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/16/2000 09:04:21
On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, der Mouse wrote:
>With the card plugged in, the ROM code finds two devices in the
>relevant SBus slot: a SUNW,bpp at 200000 and a SUNW,lpvi at 300000.
>(Full info, or at least what I know how to get, included below.)
>Presumably one of these corresponds to each connector.

  You're very lucky to have gotten the cables.  I know of at least a dozen
people who have (or have had) the printers & cards but no cables.

   "bpp" is Bidirectional Parallel Port...a more-or-less vanilla centronics
port.  "lpvi" is a "video" interface that controls the sparcprinter.  It's
basically a direct print engine control interface as far as I understand.

                      -Dave McGuire