Subject: Re: sun4c diskless boot on an ELC
To: Patrick S. Gardella <patrick@hub.freebsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/15/2000 15:48:03
On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 06:12:56AM -0800, Patrick S. Gardella wrote:
> I recently bought an old ELC for fun.  Up to now, I've simply
> used it as a Xterminal for my FreeBSD systems (running Xkernel).
> But now, I decided to boot it diskless to run NetBSD.
>
> I followed the diskless NetBSD how-to, which was very helpful,
> but when I went to boot it, it now says:
>
> "The file just loaded is intened for a different CPU type."
>
> That was after the it dowloaded the boot loader via tftpd.

Strange, I've booted several sparc machines (4c and 4m) just following
the diskless manual page, without troubles (servers were NetBSD/i386 but
it shouldn't matter much).
Could you try the boot loader from 1.4 or a -current snapshot, just to make
sure the file you downloaded isn't corrupt ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>