Subject: sun4c diskless boot on an ELC
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org, port-sparc-maintainer@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick S. Gardella <patrick@hub.freebsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/14/2000 06:12:56
I recently bought an old ELC for fun.  Up to now, I've simply
used it as a Xterminal for my FreeBSD systems (running Xkernel).
But now, I decided to boot it diskless to run NetBSD.

I followed the diskless NetBSD how-to, which was very helpful,
but when I went to boot it, it now says:

"The file just loaded is intened for a different CPU type."

That was after the it dowloaded the boot loader via tftpd.

This is with the NetBSD/sparc 1.41 distrib.  In FreeBSD, the
boot file says it's a sparc executable:

p:root# file D10945C5.SUN4C
D10945C5.SUN4C: NetBSD/sparc executable

Any thoughts?  I have deleted the install and tried it again,
just to be sure I did it right.  I'd like to get this working
to see how our NetBSD friends live :)

Patrick Gardella