Subject: compiling a kernel...
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: H}kan T|rngren <hth@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/13/2000 20:50:45
I installed snapshot 1999-10-24 a few weeks ago.  Since I use the
machine as a router I had to recompile the kernel.  I could find no
kernel source associated with the snapshot, so I grabbed one from the
NetBSD archive (cannot remember the exact location for it) and
compiled it.  This worked fine, except for ps and top (and possibly
some other commands) stopped working.  I know they dig into the kernel
so I was not too surprised.  The problem is, what kernel source should
I use?  Is there an associated kernel with the snapshot? If not,
should it not be one?