Subject: Re: 8548 (Xsun Dumps core ..)
To: None <c714553@vus415.telstra.com.au>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/11/2000 18:08:48
   >       I know its a pain, but would it be possible to try compiling
   >       different parts of Xsun with and without optimisation (maybe
   >       libraries one way, and Xsun theother), to try to tack down which
   >       files are affected?

   Guys, did we get anywhere with this one yet?  I can do some testing
   if someone supplies me with binaries - or perhaps even compile if I
   can find the source for Xsun.

   Is is likely that the OpenBSD version of Xsun would execute OK
   on NetBSD 1.4.1?

   G.

I don't know about the Sparc ports, but the last time I tried an
OpenBSD/i386 binary on a NetBSD/i386-current system, it dropped core with
an unimplemented system call.  A quick look at the syscalls.master files
between the two systems would seem to indicate that the some of the system
calls have different system call numbers, or are unimplemented.  Further,
it appears that an OpenBSD binary looks like a NetBSD binary, at least
'file' was confused, and comparing the magic databases between a NetBSD
and an older 2.0ish OpenBSD system indicated that all that changed was the
strings that the magic numbers mapped to.

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]