Subject: Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Can=B4t?= boot NetBSD 1.4.1 on SS10
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/11/2000 15:39:49
Gerald Heinig writes:
- I'm new to NetBSD and I'd like to run it on my Sparc 10. I downloaded
- the boot files boot-1.4.1 and syboot-1.4.1, dd'ed them onto a floppy and
- got the following error message:
-
- Track 0 reported when on track 2

	[...]

- What's the problem?

	I can't say I know what the problem is, but I can report
another data point.  I get the `Track 0 reported when on track
2' message from my RDI PowerLite 85 when I atempt to boot the
syboot-1.4.1 (and the syboot-1.4 before that) floppies. I don't
recall if I've tried the boot-1.4* floppies or not.

	When used from the OS, tools like mtools have no
problems accessing the floppy.

	Until now, I've just written it off to flakey hardware,
or possibly an OBP problem.

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
   There are seven stages in the accomplishment of a project: ignorance,