Subject: Re: Ross question
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: Michael C. Ibarra <ibarra@hawk.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/10/2000 10:52:52
At 06:43 AM 01/10/2000 -0800, Brian Buhrow wrote:
>         I think the versions we upgraded to in the Sparc 10 and 20 machines
>we converted were R2.25 and higher.  Lower numbers, like 2.15, didn't cut
>it.
>-Brian

You are correct, this was a Ross chip not a Sun, hence the R prefix. The
R2.25, as far
as I know, was the last one and it did work for both the SS10 as well as
the SS20. Previous
versions had bugs and were specifically built for either the SS10 or the
SS20. I do believe
that the SS20 did have support (or a bugfix) for the FAS/HME cards.

-mike