Subject: Re: Ross question
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/09/2000 11:36:48
It's likely an MBus issue. The original Galaxy architecture specification
did not, IIRC, envision MBus speeds that high. It envisioned a couple of
Ross modules and the first Viking modules, but that's it. Then Ross
suicided with early HyperSparc (like, having a srmmu implementation that
randomly cleared MODIFIED bits in ptes).

From what you said, I would doubt it's an OBP issue, but I sure could
be wrong. At any rate, I would worry about running this board on a 690
anyway.