Subject: Re: really no help?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Ingolf Koch <ingolf@knuut.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/06/2000 23:08:40
On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 08:25:26AM -0800, Eduardo E. Horvath wrote:
> Notice that if your sa->sa_promvaddrs[0] is not NULL you use the
> mapping established by the PROM.  Can you check to see if you're using
> that or are calling sbus_bus_map()?

I am using the sbus_bus_map() call (not sa_promvaddrs).

> Can you dump the bustag and the
> contents of sc->sc_reg?

sa->sa_bustag == 0xf031bf60
    I am not sure if this is what you wanted to know, but
    the sparc_bus_space_tag pointed to by sa_bustag also
    contains only pointers...

sc->sc_reg == 0xfe02a040
    This is a pointer to an sbus_reg structure containing
    the values as mentioned in be previous mail (slot==2,
    offset==0x40, size==0x100)

> Secondly, the function of sbus_bus_map() varies according to the
> hardware.  What are you using here?

It's a SPARCbook 3GX (sun4m).

> What are the OBP nodes involved?
> What are the contents of the OBP node for this device?

ok cd /iommu/sbus
ok ls
ffd4d454 SUNW,DBRIs3@2,40     <--
ffd4ce3c ts102@1,2000000
ffd4b014 ledma@4,8400000
ffd4a9f8 SUNW,bpp@4,c800000
ffd4749c espdma@4,8400000
ffd45d50 p9100@0,8000000

> Finally, make sure the registers take up all the space and don't have
> holes.  I would suggest trying to poke at them from the OBP and see
> what they look like.

How can I do this? (I am no OBP expert.)

Regards
    Ingolf
--

Ingolf Koch                      Beste Kneipe in Jena-Ost
PGP: 0x7B3B5661  213C 828E 0C92 16B5  05D0 4D5B A324 EC04