Subject: Re: Problem with Second NIC in Sparc Classic
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Joe Hodge <jhodge@biglizard.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/03/2000 13:03:31
On Mon, 3 Jan 100, Paul Kranenburg wrote:

> Hmm, this probably points out an unhandled case in the bus driver.
>
> Note that `le1' is directly attached to `sbus' here, as opposed to the
> more modern approach of having an `ledma' or `lebuffer' glue in between.

Do you know if this lack of glue logic a function of the 1881 card, or the
Sparc Classic sytem?

> ...I suppose I'll have to add it.
> Can I send you source patches so you can test kernels with your
> configuration?

I would love to, but I have to warn you that I have never compiled a
NetBSD kernel before, since I only installed the system for the first (and
second, and third) time last night.  Mostly, I had the same problem with
OpenBSD and decided to install NetBSD to generate another data point,
since is seemed to be a better comparison than S/Linux.

I'm certainly willing to learn how to configure and compile NetBSD kernels
if you have the patience to work with a newbie.

Joe
jhodge@biglizard.net