Subject: Re: sunOS emul/netscape problems
To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/10/1999 15:24:33
> > Has anyone had success getting navigator to run on a 1.4.1 system?
>
> Yes, I do run Navigator (the latest one for SunOS) on 1.4.1.  I
> grabbed libs from an old SunOS CD that, by luck, was still buried on
> the shelf.  It complains that I have libc.so.1.8 (4.1.3) while it
> wants libc.so.1.9 (4.1.3U) but otherwise runs more or less stably.
> I tried to grab libc.so.1.9 from patches, but I've found no relevant
> patches on sunsolve.
>
> SY, Uwe

Mine does the same thing, on even older  libsothingies.  It seems that
all the calls to be used from the library are there, regardless of how
old the actual library is.   Mine were from SunOS 4.1....(ancient).

If someone has the real so.1.9 thingies, they should be strategically
archived somewhere.

It works fine, though, with ancient libs...

Bob