Subject: Re: DNS Assistance needed
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/24/1999 18:16:59
> Depending on how you define logging in /etc/named.conf and how you start
> named, sometimes BIND 8 will silently skip loading a zone file if the zone
> file has errors, or if the zone file was referenced by part of named.conf
> that follows a parse error in named.conf.

You can also make syslogd a bit more verbose with respect to named by
logging daemon.info messages.  Add this to /etc/syslog.conf and SIGHUP
syslogd:

	daemon.info                                     /var/log/daemon.info

Although I'm fairly certain that I saw most of the dns zone errors
that I made flagged in /var/log/messages.

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>
		    http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/