Subject: Re: German type 5 keyboard implementation buggy
To: Alexander Sorg <AlexSorg@gmx.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@mono.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/19/1999 14:24:37
On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Alexander Sorg wrote:

> Hi!
> Once more: I have a german type 5 keyboard attached to my SS20 running
> NetBSD 1.4.1. On the console and with the X-server there are some keys
> missing ('<', '>', '~'). All others (except for some of the special
> keys on the leftmost block like 'foreground' or 'copy') work allright.
>
> Now that I have all kernel sources here I could do some work on the im-
> plementation of the german keyboard mapping. Before I start I have some
> questions:
> - Does somebody know if theres allready a send-pr on that topic around?

	I'm not aware of any - I checked using the online search
	http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/query-pr.html

> - Has somebody else seen this effect or fixed this?

	I've only seen UK ande US keyboards on suns so far :) - though
	I have used xkeycaps on many occasions to fixup keyboard maps
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/x11/xkeycaps/README.html
	Its not a real solution, but may make your life easier while
	you work on a real fix :)

> - Should I do a send-pr first, before fiddling around with the code?

	I wold be inclined to make a patch and submit it in a PR :)