Subject: Re: a silly question
To: None <patl@phoenix.volant.org>
From: Dale Ghent <daleg@elemental.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/10/1999 14:49:55
On Sun, 10 Oct 1999 patl@phoenix.volant.org wrote:

| Probably not.  Sun needed to do bootable CDs long before there was any
| standard for it, so IIRC, they do it a bit oddly.  Not all CD-ROM drives
| will have the capability to boot Sun CD-ROMs.  (I think it requires
| multi-session support; but it might be some other feature.)

The CD-ROM must be able read (transfer?) in 512kbyte blocks.

/dale

Dale Ghent
"An event e's being F realizes e's being G just in case (i) e is F,
(ii) e is G, (iii) for all e it is (physically) necessary that if e
is F then e is G, and (iv) e's being F explains e's being G. "
		- Basis of Multirealizability