Subject: Re: installing 1.4.1
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Rik van Mierlo <rik@ricardis.tudelft.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/29/1999 22:27:35
On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 29, 1999 at 01:17:41PM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > Adding '.' to a $PATH is generally a bad idea.  I think he needs to type
> > "sh ./install.md" instead.
>
> No, install.md is called from other scripts, it's not started from the
> shell prompt.
> And I don't think that for the install process having '.' in the path is
> such a big deal ...

Well, adding '.' to the PATH made it work, the only other strange thing I
noticed was the default media type for le0 -> 10base5. I left it at that,
and as expected, it didn't work. The install changed the media type in
ifconfig.le0 to le0... I don't know these things are figured out, but it
seemed strange to me because I did the install over ftp, which worked
flawlessly....

well everyting seems to be working again, thanks for helping me out.

-Rik van Mierlo
-rik@ricardis.tudelft.nl