Subject: Re: services == screwed
To: Michael Jean <cait-sith@home.com>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/16/1999 10:17:06
Hi Michael,

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Michael Jean wrote:
> put my finger on. it seems nobody can use any service on my machine. no
> matter what port, nobody
> can get in, EXCEPT my other machine. the netbsd box is.. lets say...
> 1.2.20.66, and my other machine
> is, say, 1.2.21.15.. so they change at the class C.. i'm thinking its an
> authentication problem, tho

This is wierd; my Sun-SLC running NetBSD/sparc (1.4) is accessible to all
the others around here.... even from Linux :-).

But let's have a closer look.... your port-mapper is running isn't it? Or
do you mean even telnet doesn't work? Or even better, look at
`hosts.allow' and 'hosts.deny':  maybe you've been to strict on these!

Cheers,

Reinoud