Subject: Re: Tadpole AUI Cables
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/31/1999 20:00:56
--=====================_39022636==_.ALT

At 07:57 PM 7/31/99 , Curt Sampson wrote:

>Has anyone got a good source for AUI cables for the Sparcbook?
>(These are the same cables that SS5 and SS20 systems use.) Mine is
>pretty useless until I get some sort of network connection on it.
>
>I have found a place doing them for $35 each, but they charge a
>$10 `small order' fee for orders under $100, and about $10 shipping,
>too. If nothing better comes up, and a couple of others want to
>get in on this, perhaps three of us can combine an order to keep
>costs down.

I never found a cheap source.  I got mine from ultraspec cables
in N.J., http://www.ultraspec.com/ but it wasn't cheap but it is
a high quality cable.  So I spent an extra $20 bucks but I've gotten
use of the network so I figure it was worth it.
Sunnyvale, CA             Disclaimer: I avow all knowledge of this message
--=====================_39022636==_.ALT

At 07:57 PM 7/31/99 , Curt Sampson wrote:<br>
for the Sparcbook?<br>
(These are the same cables that SS5 and SS20 systems use.) Mine is<br>
pretty useless until I get some sort of network connection on it.<br>
I have found a place doing them for $35 each, but they charge a<br>
$10 `small order' fee for orders under $100, and about $10
shipping,<br>
too. If nothing better comes up, and a couple of others want to<br>
get in on this, perhaps three of us can combine an order to keep<br>
costs down.</blockquote><br>
I never found a cheap source.&nbsp; I got mine from ultraspec
cables<br>
in N.J.,
but it wasn't cheap but it is<br>
a high quality cable.&nbsp; So I spent an extra $20 bucks but I've gotten<br>
use of the network so I figure it was worth it.<br>
Sunnyvale, CA&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Disclaimer: I avow all knowledge of this message