Subject: Re: APM for sparc?
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/29/1999 18:19:27
APM is a PC BIOS driven standard. It has no hope of running on
anything that isn't an x86 when is specifies what registers parameters
are to be called in by calling x86 INT instructions.

Now, a generic power management framework to replace our APM centric
thing, that would be possible, and probably desirable.