Subject: Re: sucessful build of a new SLC kernel, but no mouse in X ? +docs
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/21/1999 13:03:05
On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 01:31:56AM -0400, Curt Sampson wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
>
> > BTW: How harmfull is it to a SLC to have it switched on all day?
>
> It should be just fine; Sun workstation are the sort of machine
> one generally doesn't ever switch off.

Howver i'd suggest keeping it in a cold place, or adding an external fan to
force some flow into it. I have some SLC/ELC here, and a lot of their display
goes bad (all white with horizontal lines, even with luninosity tured off, no
more contrast, but still work fine with a serial console :), I think it's
because of temperature, as this started happening first to the ones in the
hottest places.