Subject: Sparc 'vme' nearly 'sparcvme'
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/05/1999 16:28:15
After a sup yesterday (haven't sup'ed for a couple of week before that), I
can no longer configure kernels that contain VME.  I see lines like :

	ORTHANC:180: vme's cannot attach to mainbus's
	ORTHANC:183: vme's cannot attach to iommu's
	ORTHANC:497: cgtwo0: extraneous locators: vec, pri

This appears to be because 'files.sparc' has :

	device sparcvme: vmebus
	attach sparcvme at mainbus with vme_mainbus
	attach sparcvme at iommu with vme_iommu
	file    arch/sparc/dev/vme_machdep.c    sparcvme

but

	attach cgtwo at vme
	attach si at vme

GENERIC has problems with vme, si, xdc, xyc, ie and cgtwo.  No-one else has
complained, so has my sup failed?  As far as I can see, I have the correct
files in 'sys/arch/sparc/conf' and 'sys/dev/vme' (compared with the files on
the ftp server), and I've rebuilt `config` (no change).  So it looks OK at
my end.  What have I missed?

Thanks,

          NetBSD - the most widely ported operating system available