Subject: Announce: *trial* AnonCVS server available
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org, port-pmax@netbsd.org, port-arm32@netbsd.org,>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/23/1999 15:27:06
[Please note that I have restricted the lists I've sent this to in an attempt
 to keep traffic on my server down while it's still being tested.  Please
 don't forward this to one of the higher-traffic/higher-subscription lists
 or to Usenet.]

I've put up a trial AnonCVS server for the NetBSD source repository.  It is
available by SSH and by CVS "pserver" protocol at whitelodge.twinpeaks.com.

The CVSROOT is bob@whitelodge.twinpeaks.com:/cvsroot.  Should you prefer to
use the unencrypted "pserver" protocol, you can set your CVSROOT to
:pserver:bob@whitelodge.twinpeaks.com:/cvsroot.  pserver mode requires a
password; that password is "bob".

This is a trial service, and I don't guarantee that it will be up reliably,
nor do I guarantee that it will be up indefinitely.  It's on one of my
personal machines, using borrowed bandwidth, and I will almost certainly
have to take it down for some time to move it if it becomes popular.

A note on modules: the "src" module is an alias that contains all of the
NetBSD sources that are not export-restricted.  The "cryptosrc-us" module
contains the export-restricted sources -- DO NOT fetch this module if you
are not in the U.S. or Canada, or are otherwise restricted by U.S. or
other law or regulation from obtaining it.  The "src-crypto-us" module
is the union of "src" and "cryptosrc-us"; the same requirement applies,
do not fetch the "src-crypto-us" module if it is export-restricted from
the U.S. to you.

That said... enjoy!

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"

----- End forwarded message -----

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"