Subject: Re: wheel mouse?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/22/1999 17:47:23
On Sun, 20 Jun 1999 mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:
> I was thrilled to recently find that the wheel on my wheel mouse could be
> made to work on NetBSD-1.4/i386 and decided to try on my sparc as well.  I
> have a sun interface converter box, (Sun P/N 370-2068-01) which allows me
> to connect a PS/2 keyboard and a PS/2 mouse to my sparc.
> [wants to use wheel on sparc]

well, to answer my own question, it appears that the data generated by
wheel motion doesn't make it though the converter box.  A test kernel
which prints out the mouse data shows the exact same data as a "normal"
sun mouse and moving the wheel doesn't cause any data.  So unless there is
an initialization string which must make it to the mouse it looks like I'm
out of luck.....

-Dan